Living in the Vale of Evesham
Located on the edge of the Cotswolds and featuring some of the country’s most beautiful countryside, the Vale of Evesham really does have something for everyone. The simple pleasures of strolling along the pretty river Avon in Evesham, enjoying an ice cream served on the streets of beautiful Broadway, or maybe pick your own fruit … and taste some!!
Evesham, Broadway and Pershore are packed with small independent retailers, wonderful coffee shops and cafés and of course the traditional ‘pub’ making shopping a truly pleasurable experience.
Evesham is a lovely place to shop with many national brands or just wonder through the beautiful Abbey Park and along the river bank. You’ll find high street names such as Bon Marche and Body Shop alongside fascinating independent stores, many in the newly refurbished Riverside Shopping Centre. There is also a good selection of supermarkets within the town including Tesco and Morrison’s.
The Fleece Inn in Bretforton is a quintessentially English pub owned by the National Trust where you can stop for a drink or a meal and there are restaurants and pubs galore across the 33 villages that make up the Vale of Evesham. Evesham Country Park is a popular attraction with courtyard shops, an extensive garden centre and Millets Farm Shop – not to mention the Ark Animal Sanctuary and Evesham Vale Light Railway.
Road and rail links to major urban centres are excellent with and a direct service between Evesham and London Paddington taking less then 2 hours.
Looking for a nice day out? Visit the majestic Ragley Hall and its well maintained formal gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown or splash out at Aztec Watersports with windsurfing, sailing and canoeing. The Cotswold Farm Park, famous by its regular appearances on BBC TV’s Countryfile, is the home of rare breed conservation and offers a good day out for all ages. At Evesham Leisure Centre there’s swimming pools, a 100 piece Technogym, indoor climbing wall, spa pools, sauna and steam rooms and a 4 court sprung floor multi-purpose sports hall. Fishing permits are available for fishing in the riverside meadows and Abbey Park has a new Wet Water Park and adventure play area that children absolutely love. Evesham Arts Centre is the venue for theatre and music and the Art Deco Regal Cinema has just undergone a £2m refurbishment to ensure that the latest blockbusters can be seen at their best.
Local Schools, from Primary to Sixth form are rated as good or outstanding. Full details of local schools can be found by following the link: www.schools-search.co.uk
Health provision in the Vale of Evesham is provided by NHS Worcestershire who operate Evesham and Pershore Community Hospitals and commission NHS services for local residents. More information can be found at: www.worcestershire.nhs.uk
House prices range from:
- large detached from £350,000 to £650,000;
- detached and period townhouses from £185,000 to £350,000;
- semis from £120,000 to £300,000;
- terraces from £115,000 to £250,000; and
- apartments from £95,000
New housing development sites:
- Lavender Fields 300 units Taylor Wimpy – go to www.taylorwimpey.co.uk
The Vale of Evesham offers that rare combination of an affordable and accessible lifestyle set in a beautiful rural location. We are rightly proud of our offer and would welcome the opportunity to share it with you.
- April 21 - 2014 (Mon)April 21 - 2014 (Mon)April 21 - 2014 (Mon)April 21 - 2014 (Mon)April 21 - 2014 (Mon)April 22 - 2014 (Tue)April 22 - 2014 (Tue)April 22 - 2014 (Tue)April 23 - 2014 (Wed)April 23 - 2014 (Wed)
- April 23 - 2014 (Wed)April 23 - 2014 (Wed)April 23 - 2014 (Wed)April 24 - 2014 (Thu)April 24 - 2014 (Thu)April 24 - 2014 (Thu)April 25 - 2014 (Fri)April 25 - 2014 (Fri)April 26 - 2014 (Sat)April 26 - 2014 (Sat)
- April 26 - 2014 (Sat)April 26 - 2014 (Sat)April 26 - 2014 (Sat)April 27 - 2014 (Sun)April 27 - 2014 (Sun)April 27 - 2014 (Sun)April 27 - 2014 (Sun)April 28 - 2014 (Mon)April 28 - 2014 (Mon)April 29 - 2014 (Tue)